KLST 2017 Newsletter – Building a Modern Innovative Workplace
The year 2014 bought a lot of changes to way organizations attract, empower, retain top millennial talent who are hooked on social media and more mobile than any other generation. Organizations continue to explore new ways of tapping into human networks that makes their business tick, listen to conversations that matter most, adapt to an increasingly volatile market, and grow in ways never before possible. With advances in wearable computing devices and phablets, information workers are looking at innovative ways to collaborate, communicate, share knowledge and make informed decisions based on social interactions. As we say goodbye to year 2014 and welcome the new year, I wanted to take a moment to highlight some of KL Software Technologies (KLST) key innovations around building a “Modern Workplace”.
1) Rapid Deployment of Enterprise Social Network
ConnectORG is an enterprise Social networking platform built on Microsoft SharePoint 2013 and Yammer that instantly connects your organizational users to expert communities, projects, ideas, documents and resources to get work done. Offering unique communication and collaboration features, ConnectORG allows employees to instantly connect with each other, share thoughts & ideas, conduct conversations, contribute content and build new value together across the enterprise. Contact us to learn more about ConnectORG and how our global team of enterprise social strategy and technology experts can assist your organization with building a “modern workplace”.
2) SharePoint 2013 Apps for building a Modern Workplace
KLST has built a number of SharePoint 2013 Apps that work together in harmony to implement a modern workplace focused on integrating enterprise social into the way people already work, so that the power of human networks (from inside and outside a company) is available to help people get their jobs done—anywhere and on any device:
1. Board101 – Read & Annotate Board Papers
2. Project101 – Centralized Project Management
3. Case101 – Streamlined Case Management (incl. Claims Mgmt.)
4. Vendor101 – Simplified Vendor Management
5. ConnectORG – Enterprise Social Solution Framework
6. Salesforce Data Viewer app
7. Employee (Firm) Directory app
3) Consistent User Experience across mobile devices & PCs
Gartner Says By 2018, More Than 50 Percent of Users Will Use a Tablet or Smartphone First for All Online Activities. KLST has developed its own SharePoint 2013 / Office 365 SharePoint Online ready Responsive Web Design Framework called “Responsive101” that allows rapid implementation of Responsive Intranet/Extranet Portals and Internet websites that renders beautifully across phones, tablets, PCs and MACs. Go ahead and browse KLST corporate website (built on Office 365 FREE SharePoint Public Website) on your smartphone or seamlessly transition to your tablet. Also visit Board101 Microsite to experience the power of “Parallax scrolling” coupled with responsive design. Contact us to learn how we can help your organization build a mobile-ready portal/website.
4) Building a Hybrid Modern Workplace with Office 365 Cloud
5) Building Modern Workplace with SharePoint 2016
SharePoint 2016 is rumored for release by Microsoft in late 2015, but at KLST we have picked our TOP 5 from the “possible” list of features aimed at building a Modern Workplace:
1. Microsoft Outlook for accessing SharePoint, OneDrive, Yammer content and delivering updates real-time
2. Group inbox, social feed, calendar, and document library that group members can use to get the job done
3. Seamless Social Integration with Yammer in-the-cloud
4. Office365-On-Premises Hybrid Search Index
5. Content Authoring using MS Word Style Rich Text Editor
6) Follow our thought leadership via Social Media
We created a fair bit of buzz related to Modern Workplace in Social Media space this year thanks to some great work done by KLST USA employee Vidya Sriram. We have over
13,000+ Followers on Twitter (@klstinc), an impressive 10,000+ Facebook Fans on the official KLST Facebook Page and an ever growing list of Followers on the KLST LinkedIn Company Page. Our official Annotate101 app Facebook Page also continues to attract close to 10,000+ Facebook Fans and an ever growing worldwide user base of 5000+. Please feel free to Follow us on Twitter, Like our Facebook Page, Follow our Company on LinkedIn or Join our LinkedIn Group.