recent client success story
KLST has completed many successful SharePoint 2016 and more recently SharePoint 2019 Customizations projects, helping organizations realize the full potential of SharePoint via extending SharePoint Features to meet business goals and objectives. Find below a recent case study where KLST was engaged in building complex customizations on the Microsoft SharePoint 2019 platform (we have changed the name and industry of the client case study to protect its privacy)
Case Study – Leading Shipping & Logistics Global Organization Improves Search Results Relevancy and increased speed of Information Searches..
Key Client Challenge
- With a global employee base working in multiple locations and searching through terabytes of documents was critical to making daily decisions.
- Improve the relevancy of Search Results so that the employees could find higher-quality information and better serve customers and partners.
- help employees share their knowledge and expertise with one another using an experience consistent with public social media sites like Facebook, Linked In, and Twitter.
- KLST built a single, integrated solution for Opportunity Tracking and “Location-Based” Lead Management on Windows Azure cloud development environment, Microsoft SharePoint Server 2019, and Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 platform. We developed responsive forms using HTML5, CSS3, and JQuery, and Bing Maps API for Location-Based recommendations.
- Custom Visual Studio workflows were developed using C# .NET 4.0 to dramatically reduce the time, effort, and potential for error in processing and analyzing Sales Funnel Reports. It also automated communication with partners, resellers, and system integrators, to further increase efficiencies and reduce software sales lifecycle times.
- A Customization Plan ensured that any “bad code” and poorly thought out changes are phased out in an agreement between IT and business stakeholders, especially those that could be risky to uptime and ongoing operational management of the Sales Portal. Any new code was forced to undergo a structured quality assurance process.
- Various Sales Analytical reports by geography were automatically generated and made available via the SharePoint 2019 portal for account managers and business development managers to prospect, qualify, and close software deals quickly. The manual effort was limited to handling inbound calls, which left Account Managers with more time to focus on account nurturing and growth.
- Increased Return on Investment: The improved user experience directly led to an increase in user adoption, time saved in fewer helpdesk calls, better utilization of resources and reduced code problems led to a marked increase in ROI.
- Increased User Adoption: The SharePoint Intranet Information Architecture was fine-tuned to meet business needs that meant business users spending less time on business processes like tracking documents, policies, drawings, campaigns, reporting, and efficient contract management.
- Improved Data Security: By helping IT define and implement robust Operational Concerns Framework, business users were assured of data protection.
- Increased platform performance: Improved document storage, relationships between suppliers and vendors, predictable growth of global server farms ensured drastic improvements to the SharePoint platform performance.