KLST has completed many successful SharePoint 2010 and more recently SharePoint 2013 projects, helping organizations realize the full potential of SharePoint Content & Collaboration capabiities as well as leverage Enterprise Search to deliver relevant results, increase user adoption and return instant ROI. Find below a recent case study where KLST was engaged in implementing a Enterprise Search Solution using the power of Microsoft SharePoint 2013 (we have changed the name and industry of the client case study to protect its privacy)
Case Study – Leading Shipping & Logistics Global Organization Improves Search Results Relevancy and increased speed of Information Searches.
Key Client Challenge
- With a global employee base working in multiple locations and searching through terabytes of documents was critical to make daily decisions.
- Improve relevancy of Search Results so that the employees could find higher-quality information and better serve customers and partners.
- help employees share their knowledge and expertise with one another using an experience consistent with public social media sites like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- KLST built a single, integrated Search solution using SharePoint 2013 out of box capabilities, which would make searches more efficient and keeping resources up-to-date and accurate.
- To help employees discover information faster, Client is using SharePoint 2013 community sites, where employees can share expertise, pose questions, start discussions, and find colleagues who can provide instant answers and feedback. Employees can quickly see popular topics and the most vocal participants.
- When an employee searches for a term, SharePoint 2013 organizes the results according to the type of documents that the employee most often uses (such as Microsoft PowerPoint presentations) and the results that other employees have found most useful.
- When the employee hovers over an individual’s name, he or she can see a contact card that provides more detail on what that colleague has worked on and written about regarding that topic. Search results also show document previews so that employees can quickly find out whether a document may be useful before opening it.
- Using the power of SharePoint 2013 Enterprise Search “Continuous Crawl” feature, when an employee posts a document to SharePoint 2013, it is immediately available for search so that the most current information is always searchable. And the search results direct employees to the specific places within a document where the search term occurs. Emloyees can also appreciates the fuzzy matching capability, which can generate comprehensive search results even when names or terms are misspelled.
- Improved Productivity: With SharePoint 2013, employees have better access to information and people. Features such as community sites help employees better communicate about important topics and find information in an easy interactive way.
- Better Service to Customers and Partners: The ability to find better information, and find it faster, helps the client deliver the best experience possible—to its end-clients, merchants, agencies, and other constituents.
- Increased Information Quality: When employees look for information, they often did not know if the documents they have found are the most up-to-date. The social computing features in SharePoint 2013 helps employees verify quality by letting them quickly contact the author or a subject matter expert.
- A Single Point of Data Access: SharePoint 2013 Enterprise Search provided a single point of access to all data, via which employees could instantly interact with all available information resources, both within and outside the organization, and regardless of whether the data they contain is structured or not.
- Cost Effective Access to Enterprise Content: For a variety of reasons, some of the Client Line of Business Solutions could not be accessed by all employees due to restrictions related to licence cost issues, obsolete systems, migration costs and applications that are excessively technical or difficult to use. By using SharePoint 2013 Search effectively, employees could now review relevant content locked inside these closed Line of Business applications, providing a cost-effective way to capitalise on existing IT investments.