KLST has completed many successful Windows 10 apps including our very own Windows app Annotate101, helping organizations realize the full potential of Windows 10 app development model. Find below a recent case study where KLST was engaged to build a Windows 10 app (we have changed the name and industry of the client case study to protect its privacy)
Case Study – Leading Global Systems Integrator reduced App Development time by 50 Percent and expects huge growth in new Windows 10 Platform
Key Client challenge
- Lack of a consistent development environment that will help achieve growth.
- Use of open source tools to develop a mix bag of iOS and Android apps for internal organizational use posed unique challenges related to maintainability.
- Longer development times were observed when using Open Source tools.
- KLST developed two Windows 10 apps targeted for marketing and business development purpose.
- KLST developed the two apps in just four weeks, with the Client developers learning alongside the KLST team. Each team acquired three Microsoft Surface Pro tablets loaded with Windows 10 Pro, the Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Professional (including the Microsoft .NET 4.5 Framework), and Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013.
- KLST showcased some unique features to the Client such as Windows To Go (a feature in Windows 10 Enterprise that lets users install a copy of Windows 10 on a USB drive and use it wherever they go) and BitLocker feature in Windows 10 Pro (which encrypts the contents of the hard drive).
- One Integrated Platform: Client users were thrilled to get full access to the Microsoft Office 2013 Suite on their Surface Tablets to read and edit Microsoft Office documents from within their new Windows App.
- Improved User Satisfaction and better Sales Governance: Given more than 50% of users were mobile, the new Sales app received with lots of positive feedback from day 1.
- Reduced Costs: By completing the first version of the app within 4 weeks, KLST greatly reduced the up front investment in the apps and helped build a business case for “user adoption based investment”.
- Rapid, cost-effective development: Rapid cost effective development of Windows 10 Apps using KLST’s proven app development process.